Re: RARA-AVIS: small vices; shocking truth

Diane Trap (trap@mail.libs.uga.edu)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:24:17 -0400 (EDT)

> But I write of a more pressing matter. As Our Master Bill pointed out, we Torontonians got to see the Dashiell Hammett bio on Sunday. I thought it was okay, but
> was stunned to see, in footage of notes he wrote, that Hammett dotted his i's (what is the plural of i, anyway?) with tiny circles.
>
> Hey, was this guy some kind of sissy, or what?

I heard a lecture by a graphologist this weekend, who posited that people who dot their Is with circles want to be the center of attention (he also claimed that people who extend the crosses on their lower case Ts are determined, people who have definite loops in their upper case letters are religious or spiritual, and the loops on your upper case Is reveal your relationship with your parents. It all seemed about as likely as a newspaper horoscope to me, but YMMV).

     -----Diane Trap
          trap@mail.libs.uga.edu