RARA-AVIS: small vices; shocking truth

Alison Gordon (aligor@interlog.com)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:56:03 -0400

I am afraid I must agree with Tom Tyler's suggestions of more realistic alternatives to the, in my opinion, lame TV adaptation of Parker. I didn't like the casting at all, and the only reason I lasted for as long as I did (maybe an hour and a bit) was the fun of spotting Toronto locations. But, then, I have felt as if Parker himself has been a pretty lame adaptation of his former self for years now.

But I write of a more pressing matter. As Our Master Bill pointed out, we Torontonians got to see the Dashiell Hammett bio on Sunday. I thought it was okay, but was stunned to see, in footage of notes he wrote, that Hammett dotted his i's (what is the plural of i, anyway?) with tiny circles.

Hey, was this guy some kind of sissy, or what?

Just wondering,

Alison Gordon aligor@interlog.com