RARA-AVIS: Deadline at Dawn

David F Schmid (schmid@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:29:47 -0400 (EDT)

I have two very specific question for list members, both concerning Cornell Woolrich/William Irish's novel 'Deadline at Dawn':

1. After Quinn Williams steals the $2,500 from the safe, why does he think he will immediately be suspected? In other words, why should the owner of the money suspect Quinn? 2. When Quinn and Bricky Coleman return to the house to return the stolen money, and find the owner dead, why does Quinn think he will be suspected? In other words, how could the police even know who Quinn is?

I apologize for my obtuseness, and would welcome any replies off-list at:
<schmid@acsu.buffalo.edu>.

Many thanks,

David Schmid