Re: RARA-AVIS: Block signing

Timothy S. Oliver (CSEM@zianet.com)
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 20:18:09 -0700

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Block at a signing here in Tucson last Wednesday. One policy of the tour is that he will sign any three books you bring from home provided you buy one book at the host store (plug here for Clues Unlimited, a dandy mystery book store in Tucson).

So I bought Not Comin' Home to You. It's an account of the actual Starkweather-Fugate murder spree on which the movie Badlands was based.

In a way it reminded me of The Killer Inside Me. Block attempts, successfully in my opionion, to delve into the minds and twisted motivation of the two criminals.