RARA-AVIS: Sanders

pabergin (pabergin@gte.net)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:55:17 -0400

I'm not a fan of the man's work. Most of it -- esp McNally's Whatever -- is of such poor quality that one wonders how this cat ever got published.

Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in awhile, though.

"The Case of Lucy Bending" is one of the nastiest little bits of Goldcoast Noir ever written. It's goddamn near a masterpiece, and goes a long way toward excusing the mountains of fluff that Sanders passed off as literature thru most of his career. An ugly, unpleasant little gem. I recommend it without reservation. PB