RARA-AVIS: McNally

Bill Crider (abc@wt.net)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:04:32 -0500 (CDT)

Like Tim Oliver, I enjoy Lawrence Sanders' books about Archie McNally. Sort of Bertie Wooster as detective. But I wonder if Sanders ever wrote a single one of the books in that series. There's a new one out, and while Sanders' name is prominently displayed on the cover, the copy right page reveals that someone named Vincent Lardo has been chosen by the family to continue the series. Lardo has either captured the style perfectly, or he wrote the earlier books, too.

Bill Crider