Re: RARA-AVIS: Opening

William Denton (buff@pobox.com)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:54:43 -0400 (EDT)

On 23 July 1999, William Denton wrote:

: Anyone who has this problem, please let me know what mail reader you're
: using and what it, or your web browser, tries to download. I checked the
: original message and there's nothing unusual about it at all.

It looks like this line is causing it:

I read my mail with Pine, which presents this without problem. I had a report it's confusing Outloook, so perhaps if someone finds out how to tell Outlook not to try to install this character set they could report back.

RFC 1468 talks about this character set, and I found an Internet Draft that's about to expire that updates it. Other character sets are used on the list, but since this one has Japanese characters in it, some mailers must be trying to do extra stuff.

Bill