RARA-AVIS: Clark Howard

Jiro Kimura (jkimura@nsknet.or.jp)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 23:49:06 +0900

mt wrote:

>Bill, those numbers are scary. I promise to shut up, I really do.What's
>the deal with Clark Howard? I recently ran into a great story by him in
>a Black Lizard anthology. Has his short work ever been collected?

I edited the world's VERY first collection of Clark Howard's short stories published by Kobun-sha in 1998, entitled "Horn Man and other stories," all of whose stories are in Japanese. I guarantee that he is one of the best short story writers around these days, hardboiled or not. He likes W. R. Burnett.

Anyway, Doug Greene might post, Crippen & Landru will publish the world's first collection of Howard's stories in English, entitled "Challenging the Wind-Maker and other stories" maybe in 1999 or 2000. You can read most of his stories in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine. Clark said he is working on the movie projects on "Horn Man" and LOVE'S BLOOD (his non-fiction book).

Jiro Kimura
********************************************* Jiro Kimura Kanazawa, JAPAN e-mail: jkimura@nsknet.or.jp The Gumshoe Site (http://www.nsknet.or.jp/~jkimura/)