RARA-AVIS: Small Vices

Enrique Bird (ebird@gmgroup.com)
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:23:39 -0400

Friends,

I thought the movie was entertaining and faithful to the spirit of the book. And Mantegna was OK as Spenser but...

neither Spenser nor Hawk carried any physical conviction that they were the supermen of the Parker books. I do not see them decimating villiansville or even one villain. The physical action scene did not convince much.

The only other complaint is, of course, that Boston is such a part of Spenser; where was it? Yes, I read all about the tight budget et al.

I will buy the video because: 1. I liked the movie, 2. it is not expensive, and 3. we must encourage such productions.

Enrique Bird