Re: RARA-AVIS: The last good kiss

M-T (matrxtech@sprintmail.com)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:36:19 -0400

Virginia:

<<I just wanted to thank all those who have recently recommended this book in the list. I've just finished reading it and that's the best hardboiled I've read lately, now I'm trying to buy all the books I can get by James Crumley, thought most of them are out-of-print. By the way, does he change the protagonist of his books? I believe he has two different P.I.?>>

Yes, his protagonists are Sughrue and Milodragovich. They appear together in Border Snakes, a strangely fascinating book -- also
*extremely* hardboiled.

<<And another question, does anyone know anything about Van der Wetering? I think he's a writer of hardboiled novels, but I'd never heard of him until now.>>

He's not exactly hardboiled, but he's a fine eccentric writer. His work is solid, beautifully written and paced, and very easy to like (at least for me).

Regards,

mt