Re: RARA-AVIS: Murder Book, by Rayner

Mark Sullivan (AnonymeInc@webtv.net)
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 23:34:35 -0400 (EDT)

Murder Book is Rayner's first book of _crime_ fiction. He has two previous novels, The Elephant and Los Angeles Without a Map, and a memoir, The Blue Suit, to his credit. I've read the Blue Suit, which contains his memories of petty crime, mostly stealing first editions for his personal collection, and school days in England before coming to the US, where he has since lived in LA. I quite liked The Blue Suit, but it's neither hardboiled nor noir. It did get me to pick up The Murder Book and LA W/o Map, but I have yet to read either.

Mark