Re: RARA-AVIS: Donald Harstad

Timothy S. Oliver (CSEM@zianet.com)
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:09:07 -0700

Michael McGarrity was a cop in New Mexico for many years: Santa Fe County Deputy. Even though it includes our State Capitol, the "City Different," the county is quite rural. Santa Fe itself is a pretty small town-less than 60,000-not counting tourists. Parts of it are downright remote.

His books, Tularossa being the first, and Hermit's Peak the most recent, are pretty solid police procedurals. I like them and they keep getting better. He does a terrific job depicting New Mexico; not easy.

Tim Oliver

----- Original Message ----- From: <james.doherty@gsa.gov> To: <rara-avis@icomm.ca>; <pw@pw.cablenet.co.uk> Sent: Friday, July 16, 1999 5:45 AM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Donald Harstad