RARA-AVIS: Burke

Martha Pennigar (msmartha@earthlink.net)
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 19:26:54 -0400

The man does have a way with words and I wish he was not locked into putting out Dave product every year for a publisher. The first four books in that series are extraordinary. The Billy Bob book is leaner and meaner but seems a bit secondhand. I really wish he would write a book about the grandfather and the Rose of Cimarron.

By far the best Papa sighting in print I've seen recently is in Masquerade, by Walter Satterthwait. A humorous, irreverant and very human characterization.

Burke also said at a signing that John Goodman was at one point very interested in playing Clete.

Martha