RARA-AVIS: Hemingway retrospective at the NYT

M-T (matrxtech@sprintmail.com)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:40:51 -0400

The New York Times has put on a large retrospective on the great American writer Ernest Hemingway; it's at:

http://www.nytimes.com/books/yr/mo/day/specials/hemingway-main.html

Not to be missed.

I don't think this is entirely off-topic for rara-avis, especially given Hemingway's influence on several generations of hardboiled writers. I was just thinking of this while reading Walter Mosley's beautifully stark stories in _Always Outnumbered, Always Outgunned_, a book perhaps destined to become a classic.

Regards,

mt