Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Query

M-T (
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 12:55:12 -0400

Mark Sullivan:

<<Has Arthur Lyons stopped writing? Are there any Asch books after Other People's Money? I guess his restaurant is keeping him busy; I think that's what the last jacket copy I read said.>>

He may have fallen victim to the notorious difficulties of getting (and staying) published in the hardboiled genre. As far as I know, all his books are out of print -- they never were great best-sellers to start with. The fact that they are outstanding only adds to the loss. His
_Castles Burning_ and _Dead Ringer_ are two of my favorite P.I. novels of all time. Lyons packs a punch and is always entertaining. I hope he is writing something back in the kitchen of his restaurant.