RARA-AVIS: Another Query

Frank Glenewinkel (Frank.Glenewinkel@Uni-Koeln.DE)
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:30:10 +0000

Now that we have discussed forensic anthropologist, I would like to go a bit deeper into the forensic field. Has anybody heard of a mystery featuring a forensic proctologist??? This interesting profession was mentioned on the "Dishonourable Writing Awards" web site. (http://home.istar.ca/~yeti/writing.html)

Can anybody identify the masterpiece which has won the prize for detective fiction or is it just a hoax?

WINNER: DETECTIVE In the ghastly rain driven by a mad El Nino, as Dr. Ann L. View, forensic proctologist, arrived at the crime scene in her Ford Probe, it was not initially obvious that the victim, a thirty-something, somebody, had met his [or her, she could not be certain in that damnable El Nino-driven rain] demise by impalement by a foreign object
[imported, that is] that had pierced his [or her] heart after being inserted into his [or her] body in a region below and behind the stomach.

Frank

----------------------------------------- Frank Glenewinkel frank.glenewinkel@uni-koeln.de