RARA-AVIS: James Crumley:

David White (dpwhite@eden.rutgers.edu)
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 18:57:04 -0400 (EDT)

I've been working my way through the Crumley PI novels and found him to be one of the best most enjoyable authors around. I'm about 40 pages from the end of THE MEXICAN TREE DUCK (which I've found confusing but maybe it's because I'm half-asleep when I"m reading it with my busy schedule) and next on board is BOARDERSNAKES... but I'm wondering if he's got plans for another novel out there... he's not much for plots soetimes but he ranks up there with Chandler and James Lee Burke in description...Can someone help me out?

Plus I"m starting a detective fiction course here at Rutgers next week and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about Chester Himes If he Hollars Let HIM Go, and Marty Amis's LONDON FIELDS... To be honest I'm not sure if either of these are hard-boiled but I'd still like to know (don't worry Chandler adn Cain are involved in the course too)... Thank you...

-Dave