RARA-AVIS: Bartholomew Gill

McHale, Steve (SMcHale@filenet.com)
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 08:18:09 -0700

Are any of you familiar Bartholomew Gill? He writes Dublin-based crime procedurals featuring a homicide Lieutenant named McGarr. There is a little bit of hard-boiled and wry social observation thrown in at times. He is a unique writer with a sometimes semi-linear sentence structure - I believe it his way of sounding Irish. I understand that Gill is actually an American named Peter McGarrity. In any case, they are enjoyable reads.