Re: RARA-AVIS: Dashiell Hammett. Detective. Writer.

Jerry Buck (
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 11:01:08 -0700

> > Could be, but the brass plaque attached to it says "The Maltese
> > 1975-76." No mention was made of THE BLACK BIRD when given out. More
> > noting the 35th anniversary of the original, rather than celebrating a
> > that was a complete dud.
> >
> > Jerry Buck
> I was thinking that was some publisher arranged to have those made in
> connection with a re-issue of Maltese Falcon.
> --
> from Mari Hall

    The statuette was from Warner Bros., probably a Christmas gift handed out to many people. There was a certificate with it, as I recall, but God knows where that is.

    The following year they gave out "Here's looking at you, kid" mirrors, which survived the earthquake, and still hangs on a wall.

    Jerry Buck