RARA-AVIS: They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

Sandra Hess (shess@sirius.com)
Fri, 02 Jul 1999 09:57:56 -0700

I haven't got the book with me as I key this in, so I can't refer to the year it was published ('67?). I was seven at the time and I remember the movie title on the marquis of a movie house in San Francisco. I remembered Jane Fonda's name also on the marquis. I always liked the title, and, wrongly, assumed it was a western. Was surprised to find it on our list of books to read...but, dug in regardless.

A good story. Well written and I liked the course of events. Was there any controversy when the book or movie were released? When I think of people who oppose euthanasia or right-to-lifers, I wonder how well this movie/book went over. I've still not seen the movie. Did it hold up to the book? McCoy must have been an interesting man.

Sch.