Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: E R JOHNSON is free / bio

Etienne Borgers (freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 04:33:11 -0700 (PDT)

TO ANSWER MARI AND MARIO MESSAGES:

--M-T <matrxtech@sprintmail.com> wrote:
> and Mari:
>
> <<Mario, what was he in jail for???>>
>
> I have no idea, but 28 years in jail suggests a
very serious crime, most
> likely murder.

- YES, MURDER (AND ARMED ROBBERY- OR ASSAULT?)

> I should say that I am indeed a fan, but never did
the legwork to try to
> find out more about Johnson (or to find the man
himself). As I said
> before, someone should write up an informed article
about this
> extraordinary hardboiled writer. I can write
critically about his work,
> but I lack biographical information. Etienne, are
you up for a
> collaborative effort?
>
> Regards,

MARIO: YES, WHY NOT. HOWEVER MY PRESENT DOC IS QUITE LIMITED, BUT I COULD MAYBE FIND A WAY TO GET MORE INFOS. PERHAPS COULD YOU CONTACT ME OFF-LIST TO DETAIL YOUR IDEA ABOUT WHAT SHOULD BE DONE.

E.Borgers Hard-boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384