RARA-AVIS: Re: E R JOHNSON is free

Etienne Borgers (freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 02:35:51 -0700 (PDT)

As to complement the thread about this unusual writer, hoping I'm not duplicating info given here by others:

- Was jailed in 1964, sentenced to a minimum of 25 years; apparently was released in 1992
- No traces of other novels after his 1990 Dead Flowers
- I found 9 novels by Johnson, inclusive Dead Flowers

Mongo's Back in Town was adapted for TV-film in 1971, director: M Chomsky - script by: Herman Miller but I don't remember to have seen this one.

E.Borgers Hard-boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384