Re: RARA-AVIS: I'll have Nunn of that (was Noir Salons)

Mark Sullivan (AnonymeInc@webtv.net)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:46:11 -0400 (EDT)

Dogs of Winter is the one Kem Nunn I haven't read. Yet. I wholly endorse all of his earlier books. Tapping the Source is pretty great. His others, Unassigned Territory and Pomona Queen, are not noir
(although they both have some elements), but equally good.

Maybe because I started reading them around the same time, I always think of Nunn in conjunction with Denis Johnson. His debut, Angels, is very noir, as is his later Jesus' Son, which is in some ways a darker US version Trainspotting, dropping a lot of the romanticism of Welsh's book. Johnson's Fiskadoro is definitely off-topic, but is a great post-apocalyptic novel.

Mark