Re: RARA-AVIS: Salon article on new noir

Etienne Borgers (
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:44:36 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with you. The worst is to speak about JD Mc D. by taking a book from his less interesting period.. Selection of other novels seems OK but I doubt Mr Bowman read them with his glasses on. TV-clip style of review? Just what we need!

More intersting: did some of you ever read Bowman's novels? are they as superficial as his critical work?

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http;//

---Diane Trap <> wrote:
> > Salon's David Bowman wrote a quick roundup of
five current noir novels he
> > likes.
> My impression was that Bowman leafed through five
books, having
> decided noir was beneath his notice. Another
reader's interpretation
> of the article might be different.
> -----Diane Trap
> > I haven't read any of them and so can't comment
further, but I