Re: RARA-AVIS: New Hammett?

M-T (matrxtech@sprintmail.com)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:59:32 -0500

Ckottos Nikolai:

<<You raise a good point, which I should have included: there are actually other Sam Spade stories beyond _The Maltese Falcon_. I don't think they have been reprinted in recent memory; if they have, I've missed them.>>

All three Spade stories were reprinted in an anthology called Great Detectives, published circa 1984. They have also appeared in other anthologies, though I don't know of another source that has all of them. There is one Spade story in the Mammoth Book of Pulp Fiction, a highly recommendable book that I hope is still in print.

Regards,

mt