Re: RARA-AVIS: serial killers

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 08:09:53 -0500

Mark Sullivan wrote:

> and I think the increased reliance on serial killers as villains is
> largely to blame. True, as John Douglas reminds us in all of his true
> crime books, serial killers do have motive, it just isn't a prosaic one

Yes, I just read John Walsh's No Mercy, and although it's true crime, he keeps repeating that the "motive" may not make sense when the person is caught, the motive makes sense to the person, but may not to anybody else. It may be "he looked at me wrong." Imagine if that were in a novel, people would scream "not fair".

--
from Mari Hall found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net
Good friends help you move. Really good friends help you move the dead