Re: RARA-AVIS: Sebastien Japrisot

Etienne Borgers (
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 02:44:59 -0700 (PDT)

---M-T <> wrote:
>I would be
> extremely surprised if _The Lady in the Car with
Glasses and a Gun_ is
> not hardboiled. Is Etienne, our local expert on
French hardboiled, still
> around?
> Regards,
> mt
> --
In my opinion, Japrisot was always more in the Thriller/Suspense league than anything else. This said, it's for sure that most of his novels mixed heavily Noir/HB ingredients into the plots. I see him like a more subtle James Hadley Chase. But this is purely a personal opinion.

E.Borgers Hard-boiled Mysteries