RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled Dames

Words from the Monastery (anthony.dauer@erols.com)
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 12:58:22 -0400

I dunno ... contemplating the times one can imagine that Mr. Steed if captured would be expected to bite into his cyanide filled false tooth for the good of Queen, God and Country ... capture being equal to failure (if once cannot procure one's own escape) all things considered and suicide an honorable action in light of the former. While a lady on the other hand is traditionally more valuable due to her child bearing and chocolate chip cookie baking abilities (to name an extreme few for brevity's sake). This causes the failure connotations of her capture to be immediately overlooked in light of the opportunity to save the damsel in distress ... something equally honorable to the ritual suicide in consequence of a man's failure to remain out of the enemy's hands.

volente Deo,

Anthony Dauer Alexandria, Virginia

http://www.adau.net/

Practice random acts ... of Xeroxing