Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled Dames

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 10:24:13 -0500

Mark Blumenthal wrote:

> I would call Evanovich's One for the Money and its sequels hardboiled
> parodies. The protagonist, Stephanie Plum, encounters many of the standard
> situations and acts like the typical detective(well, bounty hunter) but
> usually needs her rival/lover Morelli to actually handle the rough stuff.
> Aside from the presence of Morelli they remind me of Hailey's Pernell Hall
> books, but they are more clearly send ups and much funnier.
> Mark2
> >
> > I have not yet read Janet Evanovich
> >
> > Mark

This is a joke right?? Bounty hunter--not; funny--not. Sure it's a joke. Bad writing, romance--yes, yes, yes. Why don't you get a Sandra Brown book at least they are gramatically correct.

--
from Mari Hall found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net
Good friends help you move. Really good friends help you move the dead