Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled Dames

Mark Blumenthal (blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 00:48:49 -0500

I would call Evanovich's One for the Money and its sequels hardboiled parodies. The protagonist, Stephanie Plum, encounters many of the standard situations and acts like the typical detective(well, bounty hunter) but usually needs her rival/lover Morelli to actually handle the rough stuff. Aside from the presence of Morelli they remind me of Hailey's Pernell Hall books, but they are more clearly send ups and much funnier. Mark2

-