RARA-AVIS: RE: Darker Shade of Noir

Sandra Hess (shess@sirius.com)
Sun, 30 May 1999 10:24:27 -0700 Bill Hagen wrote of WHORESON:

> You learn the jargon, although I was lost in the craps
> game...and still don't know what a "booster" is, as opposed to a whore.

To boost something is to steal it (as in from a store). He and his, when without
cash money, play a lot of short cons on local merchants. What I find interesting is
he seems to make a distinction between whores and prostitutes (at least in one scene
early in the book). I'll assume whores are the lower form...the ones hanging in
doorways, ready to go for a dollar or more.

Sandra

#