Re: RARA-AVIS: Hugh Holton

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 22:08:07 -0500 Charles Shafer wrote:

> I'm reading "Violent Crimes," by Hugh Holton, the retired black Chicago cop.
> Good stuff. You can pick it, and others of his, at your local library.
>
> And, nope, I don't know him. Although I'd like to.
>
> Charlie Shafer

Oh, is he retired?? He used to be Commander of the 3rd Precinct (the one
including the Museum of Science and Industry). If you're in Chicago when
the Mystery Writers of America meets, I'm sure he'd be there.
He's very accessable and a all-round nice guy.

--
from Mari Hall found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net
#