RE: RARA-AVIS: HIT MAN

Enrique Bird (ebird@gmgroup.com)
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 17:09:21 -0400 David,

I had not read the original stories and was absolutely delighted by the
book. I have seen few collections of short stories as tightly woven and as
fresh as this one. Block manages to be original, witty, philosophical,
classical, cynical, satiric, and a few other things all at the same time,
without cluttering up the words or the story and stories. I plan to reread
it in a couple of years and, knowing the end of it, find new wrinkles in
several of the stories.

Enrique Bird

#