Re: RARA-AVIS: Steals

John Woolley (jwoolley@dna420.mcit.com)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:11:12 -0600 (MDT) Fred Willard writes:
> Might I also suggest that if we are going to write really tough criticism
> of contemporary books whose authors may be subscribers to the list [...]
> it might be considerate to those who don't bask in negative reviews,
> to warn via the subject line that a negative review is enclosed.
>
> This small courtesy may seem a bit silly, but take it from one who knows.
> Seeing a book you spent a year working on having the hell beat out of it is
> not a lot of fun.
>
> Particularly, in a place where you like to hang out and relax.

Since I just posted some comments very critical of a
contemporary book, this struck home. I don't know whether Fred
had me and my maunderings in mind, but he's right in any case.
I hadn't considered the possibility of the author's being on
the list, and I should have. Thanks for the caution.

-- Fr. John Woolley

#