RARA-AVIS: Re: Homicide Documentary

Fred Willard (fwillard@bellsouth.net)
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:16:18 -0400 >
>Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 06:40:22 EDT
>From: FICTWRI@aol.com
>Subject: RARA-AVIS: Homicide:Life on the streets
>
>Saw an excellent behind the scenes show on Court TV last night on the show
>Homicide:Life on the streets. Anyone see this? The documentary followed a
>script from beginning to end and then they showed the actual show --- It was
>the episode where a man falls into a subway train and gets caught.
>
>John Weaver, editor Page One
>"Every book begins with page one"
> http://members.aol.com/FICTWRI/pageone.html

I saw the show about the making of that episode as well and thought it was
excellent. Of course, I'm a big fan of the series. I think it has some of
the best writing on television.

I remember seeing the original show about the trapped man when it was shown
and thinking it was a remarkable piece of drama. One that illustrated how
hard boiled literature can escape some of the traps inherent in it's
conventions and be as much about life as any other writing.

Fred
----
Down on Ponce a novel by Fred Willard
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/~fwillard