Re: RARA-AVIS: Mushroom Jungle (See Crimetime)

Peter Walker (
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:23:30 +0000 joseph <> wrote:
> I was wandering the net when I came across a book at
> HTTP:// called the Mushroom Jungle. It is apparently a
> history of the late 40's early 50's paperback publishers. The PBO
> gangster/tough guys from the fly-by-night houses. After reading about it in
> the Big Book of Noir I wanted to know more. Here it is. By Steve Holland
> who wrote the article in the Big Book. As soon as I can I am going to get
> it.
It is supposed to be very good but also check out numerous and varous
editoins of Crimetime magazine in which Steve Holland explores the
same subject and is very interesting to boot.
# To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to
# The web pages for the list are at