Re: RARA-AVIS: Being knocked unconscious

Peter Walker (pw@pw.cablenet.co.uk)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:38:05 +0000 Bill Denton wrote:
> I'm reading _Slab Happy_, a Shell Scott book
> At one point, of course, he's knocked unconscious. A hood saps him, and
> then eight hoods set in to beating him.
> It got me wondering about what it'd be like to be bashed on the head.
I recently bought one of those talking tapes with Ed Bishop doing
Marlowe and there're pretty good but one of them includes Chandler
himself talking to Iam Flemming and apart from it being both funny
and interesting, Chandler commenting on the reality of the things he
writes about says that the first thing you do when you get hit on the
head is vomit, something the books neglect to mention.

Peter
#