Re: RARA-AVIS: Being knocked unconscious

James Rogers (jetan@ionet.net)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:37:33 -0500 (CDT) At 12:14 PM 4/12/99 -0400, Bill D. wrote:

>Perhaps it's just good luck, but I've never been coshed. I was knocked
>out three times as a kid, but the only time I remember (when someone put a
>sleeper hold on me and cut off the circulation to my head), one minute I
>was sitting up and the next I was on the ground with people leaning over
>me. If anyone here has been knocked unconscious, I'd be interested in
>hearing if there's any more to it than just feeling the blow and going
>out.
>

>Bill

Almost anyone who is knocked unconscious from a head blow will be out
only for seconds, minutes at the most. More than this and you are a hospital
case with a bad prognosis. You can see this in any KO boxing match. After
being knocked out typical symptoms would be a day or two of vomiting,
possibly accompanied by convulsions. Always? No, but close. Concussions like
this generally lead to a certain amount of brain damage. Check out the
number of murder charges that spring from bar fights and you will get an
idea of the lethality of this sort of thing. I love these PIs who get up a
few hours later, rub the back of their head, and walk to the nearest bar.
The reason cops like those little flat saps is because they have a good
chance of putting you *out* of the mood for just about anything.

James
James Michael Rogers
jetan@ionet.net
Mundus Vult Decipi