Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: McCoy, They Shoot Horses

Staffars Serier (boss@staffars.se)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 00:04:56 +0200 E.Borgers:

>--Frank Glenewinkel <frank.glenewinkel@Uni-Koeln.DE> wrote:
>> Is it possible that there were two Signet paperback editions?
>> I have got a 1948 Penguin Signet (is this a real Signet?) paperback
>> which bears the proud inscription "Complete and Unabridged" on
>> the front cover.
>
>Could it not be a British edition, as originally
>Penguin is a UK pocketbooks series going on since WW2
>(or even before if I'm not mistaken).

Since 1935. A couple of years later they started an American branch, which
later on became Signet books. Some of the first titles from (new owners)
New American Library were in fact issued as Penguin Signet.

/Staffar Moberg

#