Re: RARA-AVIS: Women Writing Pulps?

Greg Swan (greg@swans.org)
Sat, 03 Apr 1999 11:59:57 -0700 Craig Rice was published before Dorothy B. Hughes. I haven't read her
earlier stuff and so can't opine as to how hardboiled it was/is. Some of
her novels are hardboiled, but the ones I've seen are from later in her
career. I believe she published some short stories in the pulps prior to
1940, as well.

Greg Swan

#