Re: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis

Geraldine Kudaka (gkudaka@csi.com)
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 00:46:19 -0800 Francois Truffaut. Classic new wave film. Very good. French "New Wave" was
one of the most innovative cinema of its time. Jean Luc Godard, Claude
Chabrol, Rohmer, Jacques Rivette, etc. Influenced by theoretical basis most
exemplified by Rivette's writing and Goddard's films. Other writers whose
works were adapted for the French screen were Charles Williams, Cornel
Woolrich, Dolores Hitchens, Ellery Queen, and others. Even painters and
artist were very influenced by American noir.

#