RARA-AVIS: Greg Rucka

David Hale Smith (dhs@dhsliterary.com)
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:26:06 -0600 Thanks to John Lau for mentioning Greg Rucka. His stuff is wonderful.
Although he is not doing classic detective noir, I put him right up there in
the new class of great writers like Fred Willard, Dennis Lehane and George
Pelecanos who are doing very cool things in crime fiction.

We just made a new two book deal at Bantam. Rucka's new book, SHOOTING AT
MIDNIGHT, will be out in the fall of this year. He's intentionally heading
into very noir territory with a slightly different style of story featuring
Atticus and company, and Bantam is all for it. They are repackaging his
books, touring him, and really giving support to this young writer on the
rise. Keep on the lookout for his work.

Best,
David

DHS Literary, Inc.
6060 N. Central, Suite 624
Dallas, TX  75206
214-363-4422, x100

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca [mailto:owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 1999 10:15 PM
To: rara-avis-digest@icomm.ca
Subject: RARA-AVIS Digest V2 #694

RARA-AVIS Digest Tuesday, March 30 1999 Volume 02 : Number 694

In this issue:

RARA-AVIS: David Goodis
Re: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis
RARA-AVIS: Thomas Harris
Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Agent to RARA-AVIS
RARA-AVIS: Black Pudding
Re: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis
RARA-AVIS: Thomas Harris
Re: RARA-AVIS: Thomas Harris
RARA-AVIS: Harris
Re: RARA-AVIS: Harris
Re: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis
RARA-AVIS: RE: Agent to RARA-AVIS
Re: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis
RARA-AVIS: Top Hard-Boiled Mysteries
Re: RARA-AVIS: Top Hard-Boiled Mysteries
Re: RARA-AVIS: Top Hard-Boiled Mysteries

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:48:02 EST
From: FICTWRI@aol.com
Subject: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis

Has anyone seen the movie Shoot the Piano Player based on Goodis's _Down
There_??? I read somewhere this movie was made by a French director so I
would
guess it's not in English.

John Weaver, editor Page One
"Every book begins with page one"