Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: That Ever-popular Macdonald Conspiracy

Geraldine Kudaka (gkudaka@csi.com)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 23:38:18 -0800 My point is I happen to like his retelling of the "same Freudian story,"
and I don't think I'm alone. Looking at the numbers of what stays in print,
it seems people buy his "retelling the same Freudian story over and over
again."
In other words, I'm not alone.

Despite your complaints of his repetitiveness, he and his body of work has
stood the test of time. He over-shadows many writers who created new and
varied plots, themes, and characters, who didn't repeat themes.

I just started reading Nolan's biography, which I find fascinating. A great
read.

Geraldine

#