Re: RARA-AVIS: Top Hard-Boiled Mysteries

Etienne Borgers (freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 01:23:09 -0800 (PST) Courtesy Mark Sullivan (see his message in this
thread)we know what list we are speaking about here.

And I agree with his conclusions that if it is a
selection of what should be the most representative
of quality in HB fiction, some names should not appear.
Paretsky is typically wrongly listed!
Amongst others!

And I agree also with MT: forget about the Patricia
named in that list.

Missing:
Charles Williams, Latimer, *Timothy* Harris , Mickey
Spillane, Horace Mc Coy, Chester Himes...
to name only a few of the missing Americans.

E.Borgers

Hard-Boiled Mysteries
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

---Joe Hoffman <ljhoffman@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Just got Murder Inks Spring catalog in the mail
today, and see they have
> listed their favorite hard-boiled as well as
traditional mysteries. Do you
> agree with their list, and if not, who should be
added, especially to the HB