Re: RARA-AVIS: David Goodis

Nicole Leclerc (nicolel@cam.org)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:41:54 -0500 The movie was indeed one the classics of the time. For some reason the
French title "Ne tirez pas sur le pianiste" (Don't Shoot the Piano Player)
was translated into the exact opposite in English. Since I don't know the
original title of Goodis' work, I have no idea which came first. I remember
seeing it way back then and really enjoying it, particularly the rare
acting performance of singer Charles Aznavour as the pianist. The story is
now somewhat blurry in my mind but some images are still vivid - a sign of a
good movie in my opionion. I second Mark's recommandation.

Nicole Leclerc
nicolel@cam.org

#