Re: RARA-AVIS: GOD IS A BULLET for discussion?

Mark Gentry (markgentry@ij.net)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 19:05:33 -0500 Well, I for one am now real curious about this book. As this book begain to
get discuss here, my local paper(St.Pete Times) had a review of it in
Sunday's paper.

The review was written by Jean Heller author of Handyman, and she said,
"There will be no middle ground for readers who take a header into the
first-time novelist Boston Teran's dark and violent thriller, God is a
Bullet. They will either love it or hate it, get so caught up in it that it
becomes an obsession or so repulsed by it they will smash it shut and heave
it under the bed."

Well, I think that describes the reactions on this list to that book, makes
me very interested in reading it. Thanks-Mark
-----Original Message-----
From: David Hale Smith <dhs@dhsliterary.com>
To: rara-avis@icomm.ca <rara-avis@icomm.ca>
Date: Monday, March 29, 1999 9:38 AM
Subject: RARA-AVIS: GOD IS A BULLET for discussion?

Obviously, I vote yes to put GOD IS A BULLET up for official discussion on
the list. Given the heated responses it is already generating, I think it
merits a serious look.

And I should add that while I'd love for everyone to love this book as much
as I do, the wild differences of opinion about really it make my heart sing.
It's usually a good sign that a book is reaching people on some level or
another.

Best,
David

P.S. Boston is not on the list, even as a lurker.

DHS Literary, Inc.
6060 N. Central, Suite 624
Dallas, TX 75206
214-363-4422, x100