Re: RARA-AVIS: Afro-american crime writing + Swedish Noir

Etienne Borgers (freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:27:04 -0800 (PST) You could start by consulting the 1999 archives of
RARA AVIS in its website. During recent weeks there
was a lot of talk in this list about Iceberg Slim,
Goines and other Af-Am authors.

A good source is the pages of the American publisher:
Old School Books
http://www.wwnorton.com/osb/behind.htm

There is also a website devoted to contemporary
Mystery Black writers and with other links:
http://www.aamystery.com/ African Mystery Page

Also of good interest:
Black Street Fiction at:
http://www.cathouse2000.com/91.archives/books/solid.pbs/blackfiction.html

Hope this helps (add to the valuable info already
given by other followers)

May I ask that in return you (B Eriksson) give to the
list a brief overview of the Swedish Noir scene, if
any (?).

E.Borgers
Hard-boiled Mysteries
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384

---Bengt Eriksson / Media I Morron I Dag