Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Paretsky and Grafton

Maki Nakada (makihna@ga2.so-net.or.jp)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 06:58:41 +0900 (JST) At 2:13 PM 99.3.8, Ted White wrote:

> On some other current threads: I'm a little bothered when I
> see Grafton and Paretsky linked as though they were right
> and left hands of the same person. I see very different
> qualities in each. The fact that
> both are women does not make these two writers siamese
> twins, always to be mentioned in the same breath.

Basically, I agree with this opinion. They both debuted in 1982.
But their private life are so different. I have not read new
Milhone series, but she does't need worry about her house,
friends. Her case are almost about other family she does't
related. Even she knew she had rich relatives lately.
Paretsky's Warshawski always has problems about
her private life. She often serious quarrel with her best
friends. She's now at age 40 and worried about her aging.
She has relatives but the relationship is not good. She feel
sometime very loneliness.Andher case are always concerned
with social problems. These 2 detectives are very different.
Sara Paretsky told she was writing new V.I. Warshawski
story. Japanese fans are waiting the book eagerly. Even there is
The Vic Fan Club in Japan.

Maki
(Also love many other writers the menber of rara-avis love)

Maki Nakada(a.k.a.,Hirotsuji)
makihna@ga2.so-net.ne.jp

#