RE: Re[2]: RARA-AVIS: Helm vs Bond:

Words from the Monastery (anthony.dauer@erols.com)
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:25:20 -0500 No, "everyone" does not see Sean Connery as the definitive Bond ... I
started watching with Roger Moore and see his portrayals as the definitiv=
ones ...

volente Deo,

Anthony Dauer

The Poeticus Furor Caf=E9
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4640/

Writers-cafe: A place to share your work or just to chat with other write=
rs
about anything.

http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/writers-cafe

Practice random acts of Xeroxing ...

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca [mailto:owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca]On
Behalf Of blumenidiot
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 1999 12:09 PM
To: rara-avis@icomm.ca
Subject: Re: Re[2]: RARA-AVIS: Helm vs Bond:

Jim Doherty wondered:
does anyone really think that the Bond movies
>got progessively better as the series progressed? For my money, the
>second Bond film, *From Russia With Love*, is still the best in the
>series.

I think everyone sees Connery as the definitive Bond. Starting with
Goldfinger the series lost any hard edge it had and became more and more
cartoonish. I think it's clear From Russia with Love was the best of the
series. With its tight focus on action and lack of a grandiose plot, its
almost as though it were the filming of a Matt Helm novel.

Going back to the comments on the original books, it seems almost everybo=
dy,
including most on this list, think of Bond as he appears in movies. The
books seem forgotten.
Mark Blumenthal

#

#