RARA-AVIS: cons artists (was: Pros and cons)

EJM Duggan (ejmd@mcmail.com)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 03:36:40 -0800 On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Kevin Smith <kvnsmith@colba.net> wrote:

> And one of the most competent types of characters in crime fiction must be
> the con artist, because he, or she, always has to be smarter than everyone
> else. Anyone out there who can suggest some good hardboiled books about con
> artists?

You probably already know this Kev, but the con artist (there's another
word which, thanks a liquid lunch, eludes me at the moment) is a
recurring character in Jim Thompson's stuff.

ED

BTW I get the digest---anyone who wants to read it twice should excuse
me for cutting it.